Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sometimes perfect and sometimes, not so good

Hotel review of:
Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center
542 Route 9
Fishkill, New York
845-896-6281

This hotel was a mixed bag of perfect and not so good. The people at the front desk were excellent both at registration and check out. They treated me like a Priority Club member even though my reservation had been made on Priceline.com. I still showed them my Priority Club card when I registered and they treated me like I hadn't paid half as much as everybody else there.

The bed was very comfy--I could have slept for days... The front entrance was beautiful. The coffee pod things in the rooms, however, were terrible. They only made one cup and then they didn't have enough fixings to put enough sugar or creamer into the awful coffee. The dining room only had 1/2 and 1/2 and I am allergic to milk, so this was not a good thing for me.

The guest soaps are incredible--citrus mint-Yum!!! There was one bulb out in the bathroom. The shower did not adjust in intensity. It turned but then froze in one position which was the needle spray position which made the shower a bit painful. The bathroom sink drain drained very slowly--almost not at all.

Breakfast was free to Priority Club members. All I can say is that you get what you pay for. I ate late at 9:30 AM and breakfast was over at 10 AM. It definitely showed. The scrambled eggs were dry and hard. The bacon was ok and the fried potatoes looked awful, but tasted great. They were lukewarm and had gotten clumps of red in them where the salsa put into them had congealed. They looked really nasty, but they still tasted pretty good. The fruit was hard, unripe pieces of melon and one or two grapes. There were no flavored--or unflavored for that matter--non-dairy creamers for the coffee, only 1/2 and 1/2. I stated earlier that I am allergic to milk, so this was a problem for me. The waitress said that this was all they had.

Dinner the night before had been exactly opposite with great food, good service. The Priority Club membership gives you a free drink-a choice of beer or wine-and 10 % off dinner. This was very, very nice.

If you are a Priority Club member, then show your card. You will get treated like royalty and get all the discounts and things you would normally get paying full price. Also, the points you earn in the restaurant, room service, bar and the rest will be credited to you Priority Club account, just not your room fee if you make the reservation on Priceline.

No comments: