Thursday, January 8, 2015

Average Food, but Very Good Angry Orchard Hard Cider on Draft


I like to eat here even though I only gave it an average rating. It is good, but with a tiny bit of work, it could be so much more. I love their O Club and used a 20% discount coupon on our whole meal which, unfortunately, only saved us $6.08. But, hey, the tip was free. Joe, our server, was so-so. He wasn't bad, but then he wasn't outstanding either and that is the problem with this whole restaurant. It is so very average. One really good new thing is that they have my favorite beer which isn't really a beer, Angry Orchard Hard Cider, on draft. I have a gluten problem and Angry Orchard is gluten free. I had an ice cold, tall, draft Angry Orchard while I was there which raised an average rating to a good rating. We had an appetizer of the fried jack cheese. The triangles stuffed with not too spicy jack cheeses were good, but once again, nothing outstanding. The sauce for dipping was lack-luster. It wasn't marinara sauce and it wasn't salsa. We are not sure quite what it was. It was just OK. My husband got the Chicken Pot Pie and the Coleslaw since it was so cold outside and he said it was good, but nothing spectacular. I got the Fish and (Sweet Potato) Chips and neither of them was very good, I would say just average. They used to have huge pieces of plate-filling fish, but these were three smaller pieces of fish. I didn't ask, but it could have been Cod. Altogether, it was a nice hot meal for a frigid cold evening, but it was nothing to write home about.

No comments: