Thursday, April 16, 2009

Barnacles Restaurant

Barnacles Restaurant
869 South Atlantic Avenue
Ormond Beach, FL 32176
386-673-1070

4/02/2009 and 4/03/2009

“Barnacles” became my favorite restaurant on Ormond Beach this April 2009. I was very unhappy that the dining room did not have a view of the ocean, but the food almost made up for this. (Who would go to all the expense of having an ocean front property and then not put windows that actually faced the ocean so you could hear and watch the surf while you dine?) “Barnacles” is rustic and seaside looking. The huge salad bar, all you can eat crab specials and the oceanfront location are the biggest stars here. The Stuffed Shrimp Appetizer is incredible. It is actually 4 large shrimp, each topped with a big chunk of first quality crab cake and drizzled with a lobster sauce that was heavenly. I ate here twice while I was at the beach and ordered this appetizer both times. A word to the wise: watch for the coupons specials in the various coupon books for Barnacles. The night I had the Rib-eye steak with my Stuffed shrimp, I met the $25 minimum and received two glasses of free wine with my meal. “Barnacles” also has a two for one Happy Hour and a huge salad bar worth the extra $3. The second night I dined at Barnacles, I tried the Shrimp Pasta Arasgosta which is shrimp and linguine topped with their incredible lobster sauce. This was a bit of a disappointment as they were a bit skimpy on the shrimp and the lobster sauce for my taste.

http://www.barnaclesonline.com/Home_Page.html

No comments: