Saturday, October 13, 2007

Catkin Lodge in Amesbury, England



Catkin Lodge in beautiful rural Wiltshire is AA 3 Star rated accommodation and is the nearest Bed and Breakfast to the ancient Stonehenge Monument. Catkin Lodge is only 15 minutes from the historical City of Salisbury with its magnificent Cathedral and Old Sarum Hill Fort.

In addition to this, Terry, the owner and host is an intelligent and talented fellow. I completely enjoyed my stay at Catkin Lodge and recommend it to everyone interested in lodging in the area. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the big, old fashioned tub was a great place to soak walk-weary bones at the end of a long day of sight-seeing.

Here is another link to their website.
http://www.catkinlodge.fsnet.co.uk/

Terry makes coffee for us Yanks in a wonderful French coffee press and presents an incredible full English breakfast in a smart breakfast room full of his own paintings of Stonehenge and the Salisbury area. In my own office back here across the pond, I have two of Terry's prints and two more on the landing upstairs. Just seeing his talented artwork was worth the stay at the Catkin and the rest was just a whopping plus to the good fellowship I enjoyed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for your kind words Branwenn.
Looks like you enjoyed the trip. Like the pictures at Callanesh, which is one of my favourite locations
best regards
terry
Catkin lodge

Branwenn said...

I promised you, Terry, when I got back I would post a lovely post about your wonderful B&B. Didn't think I would take me this long--but it was a marvelous stay and I have your lovely artwork to remind me of the wonderful days at Catkin Lodge. By the way, the picture of Stonehenge I took while I was there that you admired won a photography award :)
Blessings!
Branwenn